SurveyLegend has just become even more awesome! This is the biggest update since our first launch, and now your surveys will be smarter and better than ever before. This update includes brand new survey features, in addition to improvements of existing features.
You may know that we are just 5 peeps creating SurveyLegend. We have worked so hard – day and night, weekends and holidays – to deliver these new features, to make you happier and more powerful than ever before; and to make SurveyLegend the best online survey tool in the world! – which it already is, of course…
Oh yes, these new updates are awesome… but the good news is they are just side effects of all the fundamental work we are doing for a slew of upcoming professional features. So, enjoy the tip of iceberg for now and stay tuned to see more in the near future.
New survey features
You can make answers required
This is a commonly used feature in professional surveys. By making answers required – which will be illustrated to participants by use of an asterisk – you can make sure your respondents will give answers to your critical questions and won’t skip them. Read more about required answers here…
Respondents can add their own choices
If you want to let your survey respondents add their own choices to your questions, you can now do that. These type of questions are also known as “Open ended questions”. In many cases, it’s important to allow your respondents to provide you with their own answers, if they wish to give a response outside of the choices provided. This feature currently works with Single selection. Read more about enabling the “Other” choice here…
You can add images
We have added support for uploading images into surveys. The image uploader only accepts JPG, PNG, GIF and BMP formats. One cool thing is that there are no file size restrictions, because our system automatically resizes images that need to be reduced (if they have a width of more than 670 pixels) before uploading them. This saves you a lot of time, and you don’t need to use your internet speed for large file data transfers. Additionally, you won’t need to care about working with image editing programs and so on… And, of course, your original local image files will not be resized – just the new image copies that will be used in your survey.
With the new version of SurveyLegend, you can now add images to the following Survey fields:Welcome page • Thank you page • Branding. This will give you a lot of power to personalise, beautify, or liven up your surveys – or make them brand specific. With this new infrastructure, we will soon be launching more amazing, new features as well. Read more about adding images here…
New survey field: Thank you page
When a survey ends, it’s time to warmly thank respondents for the time and energy they spent giving you feedback. Therefore, we have designed a nice new survey field called the “Thank you page”, which not only empowers you to thank your respondents and leave a nice lasting impression, but also gives you the chance to redirect them to an external web page, or another survey of yours.
It sounds like a simple page, but it is capable of far more than you may think. We recommend that you read more about this amazing new possibility here. You’ll learn more about how you can use it smartly in your online surveys, to increase your survey participation rate and more.
New survey field: Branding
When you have created a well known, trusted and awesome brand, you deserve to express it to your audience in a nice way. So we have made a neat header bar, which can be used to present your brand, while people are participating in your surveys.
The branding area will be placed above all of your survey fields, and visible throughout the entire survey experience. You can put your company logo in it, or use it as a banner, etc. It’s up to you. Read more about this new survey field here…
New exporting option: Export to Google Drive
As you know, SurveyLegend has been engineered to be a native app for Google Chrome, but now it’s even more integrated with Google Services. From now on, you can connect your SurveyLegend account to your Google Account, and easily export your collected survey data in excel (.xlsx, .xls) or CSV format to your Google Drive.
This gives you the power to export your survey data directly to Google Drive, to style, reach or share it with anyone you trust, from anywhere. Just remember to protect your participants’ privacy, as it is your responsibility from here…! Power brings responsibility.
Just connect to your Google Account through our app and you will be able to export your survey data.
New analytics data: Time spent (in each country)
The new Live analytics can now show how much time is spent in total on taking your surveys. To see this data go to the World Domination map and hover over – or tap on – the countries from which you have received responses. In the pop-up that opens, you will see the total amount of time spent on your surveys in that country.
New analytics data: Participants from unknown locations
If for any reason our system cannot track the country or location from which your participants are coming, the new Live analytics can now show it to you. In such cases, you will still be able to see how many have viewed, started, or completed your surveys from unknown locations; and how much time is spent on your surveys from unknown locations.
To see this data go to the World Domination map and hover over – or tap on – the island that looks like a question mark. In the pop-up that opens, you will see the relevant analytics values.
Install our app for your business
Now you can install our app for you business accounts on Google Apps Marketplace. This also lets you directly export your collected data to Google Drive, for a collaborative professional work or further analysis.
- Fixed an issue with the maps in Live Analytics, which sometimes caused a miscalculation in the number of “countries reached”.
- Fixed a bug in Live Analytics that sometimes caused the diagrams and charts for Rating, Multiple selection, and Multiple textbox fields, to present gathered data incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from deleting the second choice in the Rating field.
- All charts and diagrams are now being updated in real time, so you don’t need to switch diagrams to force them to update.
- Fixed an issue that caused the “ Download responses” button to disappear, for users who had the AdBlock plugin installed on their web browsers.
- Fixed an issue that caused the “Welcome page” survey field increase in height (temporarily), when going out of edit mode.
- Fixed a bug for Text box and Comment box in Live Analytics. If survey participants had special characters such as dots, slash, or brackets, the data could not be displayed correctly in the diagrams.
- Fixed a visual bug that was created due to the new iOS 8 update which caused survey layouts to lose their responsiveness.
- And a lot of small bugs that are hard to explain 😉
- Now SurveyLegend’s website and all your surveys run with an Extended Validation Certificate (E.V. Certificate), which ensures your survey participants that their input will be encrypted, and cannot be intercepted by third parties. Read more about our E.V. Certificate here, and about SurveyLegend and Security here.
- A huge amount of time and resources have been invested on making a secure backup system for your collected survey data. The technology behind this intelligent backup system allows us to register every single input from your survey respondents, and save it on an extra secured cloud storage in real time. This also ensures that response collection will continue to work flawlessly, in case of upgrades or short downtimes on SurveyLegend servers.
- Additionally, all sensitive 3rd party technologies and libraries used in our web site and our app have been updated to the latest available versions.
UI / UX updates
- All input areas within survey creation now support multi-line texts.
- Answers (or choices) have text labels, which automatically get increasing numbers as you add new ones.
- The creation area is more responsive now, which means you are able to create surveys on smaller tablets as well.
- There are many new icons and visuals incorporated into the app and in Live analytics.
- The “World domination map” in our Live Analytics is enhanced visually, and shows data from countries not only more accurate, but also more beautifully.
- We have updated the way the Welcome page looks. Earlier layout issues are solved.
- Button labels in the Welcome page (Start button) and in page breaks (Submit button) are completely visible in Edit mode.
- Section breaks look better for participants.
- New tips and more information are available in some of the survey fields (in Edit mode)
- SurveyLegend’s watermark is now placed at the bottom of survey pages, to leave more space for your participants to see your survey’s contents, and also for the new Branding field to appear on top of the screen.
- Added a preloaded for surveys, which means when your participants open your survey they don’t have to see a page that is loading piece by piece (which will give them a bad first impression). They will instead see a little nice loading bar, and a smooth transition to a 100% loaded survey.
- Enhancements, more info and details in our Help.
- Added a new chapter to the Help section that explains all survey fields settings in detail.
- And a great and detailed eGuide for you who want to know How to Write Online Survey Questions Like an Expert
We do hope that you enjoy these new survey features, and use them to create even better online surveys. We would really appreciate if you spread the word about us to other legends like yourself!