Instructions For Respondents
Using Instructions for respondents gives great advantages when a question is complex and you want to be sure the respondent understands what you’re asking for. Being able to understand a question is essential to providing an honest answer and minimize non-response bias.
What is your full name?
We need this to be able to verify your membership at our institute.
What is your email address?
We need your email to be able to send you information about your results of this survey.
To add extra information to your questions do the following steps:
- First make sure you are in the ‘Create’ step
- Then click on the respective question, to go to ‘edit mode’
- In the settings panel on the left side, find ‘Instructions for respondents’
- Toggle the ON/OFF button to turn it on.
- Now a new text box is added under the question, in which you can type the instructions or extra information for your respondents.
When enabling Instructions for respondents we automatically present it as an icon that can be clicked on by the respondent when participating. By clicking on the
If you prefer make the help/instruction text constantly visible for example to minimize the risk of missing the information by the respondents, then you can enable the “Always visible instructions”. This toggle button appears after enabling Instructions for respondents setting.
Instruction for respondents is available in:
Text box • Number box • Comment box • Multiple text boxes • Single selection • Multiple selection • Rating: stars • Rating: slider • Rating: ternary • Rating: binary • Dropdown list • Smart field: Email • Smart field: Name • Section break • Welcome page • Thank you page • Media Gallery • NPS